Corporate culinary teambuilding events.
The latest trend to hit corporate America is available
right here in Ann Arbor! The dynamics of a culinary teambuilding event encapsulate the challenges of the real business world.
think of a regular cross-functional team challenge in a business environment.
A typical situation might require the team to win over and acquire new
clients within a set timeframe from an industry that not all team member
are familiar with.
We can directly translate this scenario into a culinary
challenge exercise where the goal is to win over the client - the culinary
panel of judges - within a set timeframe using all the available resources
and skills of the team.
The main concepts that are learned through a culinary
building exercise are:
- Planning and delegation of responsibilities
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving
- Meeting deadlines
- Reporting and result assessment
Typical task and schedule breakdown for a culinary
30 minutes – Brief orientation of the
menu, food safety and outlining goals for the event.
- Brief Team Cooking Activity
- House Keeping & Kitchen Orientation
- Hygiene Awareness
- Task/activity Overview
- Uniform requirements
- Menu Handouts if applicable
- Team Organization-usually agreed upon in advance with the corporation.
- Team Tasks/Menu allocations
- Individual responsibilities allocated
- Chef to discuss menu and demonstrate any specific tasks
- Corporate Team begins the organization process and sets time lines.
- Corporate Team starts cooking process
While cooking, teams are encouraged to problem solve, share ideas with
the other groups and receive as little instruction as possible from
the supporting Chefs.
- Serve all items to dining area
- Enjoy “fruits of Team Labor”
Afterwards, teams meet and discuss what they have
learned in the kitchen and share their insights about the team building
process. A typical teambuilding event would usually take about 2-3 hours
for a lunch and 3-4 hours for a full dinner. Alternately, your organization
may choose to do a scaled down event with “small plates”
and warm and cold appetizers that can be prepared in a shorter time frame.
Post Event: We follow
up with the corporate organizer, providing a summary of the comments
made by the team. We also include a set of recipe cards and event photos
for each participant so everyone can try the recipes at home.
Typical Menu Items:
Option 1- Delicious small plates and appetizers
Seasonal gourmet dishes are created and served cocktail
style - passed around piping hot from the oven or elegantly arranged
from the cold prep areas.
- Filo Cups with Spiced Lamb, Mint and Feta
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Croquettes
- Mushrooms stuffed with Goat's cheese, spinach and bacon
- Thai chicken satay with a spicy peanut sauce
- Lemon chicken and snow peas on skewers
- Potatoes stuffed with feta, green olives and pine nuts
- Little Red Crostini
- Miniature quiche with olives, goat's cheese and sun dried tomatoes
- Miniature tartlets filled with walnuts, brie and grape salsa
- Cherry tomato, mozzarella, and Basil Skewers
Option 2- Dinner or Lunch Party
3 or 4 course lunch or dinner
- Warm goat's cheese salad with arugula, black olives and pine nuts
served with balsamic and garlic vinaigrette.
- Carrot and parsnip soup with herbs de provence.
- Roasted rosemary garlic chicken with gratin dauphinoise
- Blackberry and fruit crumble served with freshly whipped cream
Option 3- Culinary challenge
The group is divided into teams and face a timed
Iron-Chef style competition.
Depending on the level of challenge the organization wants to put on the team members, there can be a “mystery”
basket of ingredients or preset known menu items to choose to cook from.
Once the team members have completed their culinary creations, members
then sit down to enjoy the meal they prepared while a panel of judges
rates their creations.
Please contact us with your teambuilding
requirements and we will be happy to provide you with a quotation for
an unforgettable and very educational culinary event.
In home personal chef services creating
meals for busy families and individuals. This service can be performed
on a daily, biweekly,weekly or any schedule that suits your needs. Menus
are individually created to suit the dietary and lifestyle goals of
each client. See our sample menu section to whet your appetite! Pricing
for meal preparation in your home is a set fee based on family size
plus the cost of the groceries.
Small dinner party catering in
your home for up to 12 persons. Dinner parties can be an interactive
event including instruction on the menu being created or a traditional
dinner party service. Pricing is rated on an hourly basis plus the cost
of the ingredients.
Special event catering
for showers, anniversaries, or just any occasion where you need assistance!
Private or group cooking classes.
Have you ever spent time at a demonstration cooking
class and wished you could have someone teach you cooking skills in
your own home and with your kitchen equipment on your schedule? Now
you can! The Sage Dish
provides customized private and group cooking classes (up to 8 persons)
in your own home or in an external rented commercial kitchen facility.
Contact us with your requirements or take a look at our existing cooking
lesson packages in the Events
& Classes Section of our website.
for any of our services make a great gift for the expectant mum, people
recovering from illness, the home cook eager to learn more culinary
skills or for anyone just needing a break from cooking!